During the course, the consultant will assist you to review the existing configuration and provide discussions around the impact on the Practice's procedures and how to maximize the use of CCH Central for the firm's benefit.
After the consultancy is completed you will be able to continue with the system maintenance and configuration changes of the CCH Central database
The course also includes a best practice session which is designed for the end-users who are not involved with the maintenance of the CCH Central database.
Course Duration: This course consists of two sessions. Each session will last up to 3 hours.
- Delegates can setup and make changes to the configuration of the Central database
- Delegates can maintain employees and understand how to setup Security Groups and Permissions
- Delegates can maintain clients, team security and archiving
- Delegates can setup homepages and updating client's data
- Delegates can use basic Smart Reports
- Delegates can run mail merge
CCH Central Best Practice
- Attendees should adhere to the Training session Guidelines.
- All attendees should have access to the CCH Central database.
Who is this course designed for?
- Existing CCH Central users who are responsible for the configuration and setting and maintaining of the CCH Central database.
- Database Administrator
- CCH Superusers
- Other key decision makers
Note: This consultancy is on CCH Central data and not CCH Practice Management data. For specific CCH Practice Management consultancy please contact your Account Manager.