When an employee logs on to the application they inherit the permissions for the groups they belong to. You can alter Group Security for an employee at any time.
When you locate the employee's group security, you will see two lists. They are:
Is Not A Member Of... list showing the security groups set up in the system.
The list may show these default security groups as well as others created specifically for the practice:
Allows Personal TimeSheet / Disbursement Entry and Basic Client Contact Access.
Full Access apart from high risk Maintenance Codes and Personal Details
Full Access apart from high risk Maintenance Codes
Full Access apart form high risk Maintenance Codes
Full access but can only see timesheets that they have access to
Is A Member Of... list showing the security groups the employee is a member of.
Every employee has to be part of at least one security group before they can use the database.
Edit Employee Security Group
- On the main menu, select Maintenance>Security>Employee Group Security.
- In the Employee Group Security window, find the employee you want to add to the security group using the Ellipsis in the Employee field.
- Select the employee on the Find Employee window.
- Click OK.The Employee Group Security window refreshes showing the employee's name.
- In the Is not a member of... panel, select the group that you want to add the employee to.
- Click the move button to shift the group to the Is a member of... panel. To add all groups to the employee, click the button. The employee will have the access permissions of all the groups.)
- In the Is a member of... panel, select the group that you want to delete the employee from.
- Click the button to move the group to the Is not a member of... panel. To delete all groups, click the button. The employee will have no access permissions for the groups.)
- When completed, click OK to save changes and close the window.