Set up work using a custom Assignment
There will be occasions when you will want to create a custom assignment because existing assignment templates do not describe the work that is required for a client. An assignment template represents professional services that are used repeatedly by the practice for different clients. An assignment represents professional services carried out by the practice for clients, such as: Compliance Tax, Accounting or Financial Planning
When you create a custom assignment it will only act as a standalone assignment on client you are setting it up for. To make it available for use with other clients you must set it up as an assignment template.
- Find the Client.
- In the Client record, click the Assignments tab.
- From the table choose 'Click here to add new...' The Add Assignment window appears.
- Choose Create New Assignment and select 'Click here to add a new Assignment'
- Enter:an Assignment Name and unique Assignment Code.
- Select an appropriate Assignment Type from the list. - This identifies the type of work to be provided to the client (for example, Tax or Business Services) and whether the work will be chargeable.The Assignment Type must be set up beforehand.
- Click OK. The new assignment is added to the list in the Assignment tab of the Client page.
- Click OK on the Client page.