Skip to main content
CCH Software User Documentation

Tax Journal

Product Help Banner.png


This section explains how to create and post a tax journal from CCH Corporation Tax directly to CCH Accounts Production.

Creating and posting a journal

To access the data entry area select Tax Journal from the left hand data navigator bar:

To create a journal, Click in the Number field.

In the next window accounting periods will be displayed.  

Select the appropriate accounting period by highlighting the row and click Ok.

The Tax Journal detailed information is displayed.

Tax Journal.JPG

Journal number - system generated based upon journals created previously if not the first.

Post as audit Journal - check the box to post an adjusting journal within CCH Account Production. Leave the box unchecked to post a standard journal.

Date - date the journal is/was generated

Detail - represents the nature of the journal which is Corporation Tax liability.

Additional narrative - add text here for notation and ease of reference.

Amount - the system calculated value of the corporation tax liability if it is the first journal created or the increase/decrease required based upon any change in the corporation tax liability taking into account any amounts already posted.

Override amount - enter an alternative amount to be posted.

Debit analysis - the nominal code that the amount is being posted to. This is based upon the chart of accounts being used for the client.

Credit analysis - the nominal code that the amount is being posted to. This is based upon the chart of accounts being used for the client.

Click Post to complete the posting of the journal.

The journal summary data entry window displays the amount, date and employee that created and posted the journal.

 Journal posted.JPG

The nominal codes used to create the journal in CCH Accounts Production will automatically be selected dependent upon which Chart of Accounts has been adopted in generating the company's financial statements. 



  • Was this article helpful?