The Address Type describes the different addresses that a client or contact might have. For example, they might have a different address for the business, branch offices, home, postal, billing, and statement. These descriptions are set up by the system administrator. Once set up, the different descriptions are the same that appear on the cards in the Addresses tab on the Contact and Client Pages.
- From the main menu, select File > Maintenance > Address/Phone > Address Type.
- The Address Type window displays a table that lists the types in the first column and displays check boxes in the remaining columns allowing you to define an Address Type as the Primary, Billing, Statement or Registered Office address.
- In the blank row at the top of the table, enter the Address Type in the Description column.
- Select the appropriate check box to make the new Address Type the Primary, Billing, Statement or Registered Office address.
- Click to save the new Address Type and close the window.
Note: Only one check box can be selected per column.
In other words, you cannot have more than one Primary, Billing Statement or Registered Office address.
However, the same Address Type can be defined as all four addresses.