Installing the Software
About this Document
This document is a guide for updating CCH Corporation Tax IE from version 2019.1 to 2020.2.0. It is suitable for both standalone and network installation. This document is intended for tax professionals who have some experience with computer technology and have the time available to read it thoroughly and understand the content before proceeding with the upgrade. It is also suitable for IT and support staff tasked with installing the upgrade.
Before you start installing this upgrade:
- Ensure all users are logged out of CCH Corporation Tax IE.
- Either make a backup copy of your Corporation Tax IE database(s) or confirm that you have a backup to which you are able to revert in the unlikely event it is necessary.
- Ensure that your PC(s) meets the minimum hardware and software specifications. Full details can be found in our System Requirements Specification
CCH Corporation Tax IE version 2021.2.0 is an upgrade to version 2020.2. Before proceeding to install this update, ensure that CCH Corporation Tax 2020.2 is already installed and working correctly.
Downloading the Installer
- Visit our 'Non CCH Central Software Releases' page
- Click on 'CCH Corporation Tax IE'.
- Logon to the site using your own account details (If required).
Note: you will need to have previously registered on our Customer Community.
- Click the Download button, note down the account details for System Administrator (these will be needed to complete this installation) and click OK.
- Now proceed with the download and save the CCH_CT_IE_2021-2.zip file to a convenient location.
Locate and open the CCH_CT_IE_2021-2 zip folder and run the CCH_CT_IE_2021-2 installer file contained within.
- The Open menu will appear.
- Click 'Run as Administrator'.
- The WinRAR self-extracting archive window will appear.
The installation will begin. The installation (extraction) will take less than 30 seconds and when complete the WinRAR self-extracting archive window will close. If you have a network installation, proceed to the next PC and run the Program Installation again, repeat this until all PCs have been updated.
Note: it is imperative that all computers running CCH Corporation Tax IE are updated to the new version of the product. Failure to do this will result in a warning message on any computers that have not been updated.
A database upgrade is required as a part of the 2020.2 to 2021.2.0 update, proceed as follows to carry out the upgrade.
- Select one PC and start CCH Corporation Tax IE 2021.2
The CCH Corporation Tax IE window will appear, requiring a database upgrade.
When the database upgrade is complete the CCH Corporation Tax IE window will appear with the User ID and Password boxes.
Note: for network installations with a shared database, the upgrade is only carried out once, by the first PC to login to the product.
Your CCH Corporation Tax IE update is now complete. It is worth spending a few moments to check your work.
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Start CCH Corporation Tax IE as normal.
- From the top tool bar select Help > About CCH Corporation Tax IE to arrive at the About CCH Corporation Tax IE window shown below.
- Confirm that the Version number matches that shown in the image above.
- Finally, it is a good idea to take a post-upgrade backup of your database and store this safely.