Skip to main content
CCH Software User Documentation

How to Add Other Income

Product Help Banner.png


  1. Open the Other Income section.

  2. Select the category that the incomes falls in from the Type of other income pull-down. The choices are Category A or Category B.

  3. Describe where the income comes from in the Description column.

  4. Enter the totals for the following:

  • Amount Received
  • Tax Paid
  • Expenses

Note: Your expenses cannot exceed your income when you select Category B income.

  1. (Optional) Click the Green allowance check box if the income qualifies.

  2. (Optional) Complete the following foreign income related fields:

  • Country
  • Amount on which foreign tax paid
  • Foreign tax deducted
  • Foreign tax treatment is by deduction?

Note: You can claim loss relief for income grouped under Category A, but not Category B.


  • Was this article helpful?