The Miscellaneous settings are defined when the system is installed.
Define Miscellaneous Settings
- On the main menu, select Maintenance > System > Miscellaneous.
- In the Miscellaneous window, in the Discount Rate field, enter a discount on work carried out by the practice.
- In the Nominal Split By field, enter whether the General Ledger is split by Assignment or by Code with an account for each nominal code.
- Select the Disbursements Employee from the drop down list.
- This attributes disbursements to an employee so it is easier to track all disbursements when calculating disbursement payments to a client. You can select Disbursements, Firm as the default.
- In the WIP Movement Credit Account field, enter or edit the account code that is credited when the WIP movement is entered. You can also use the drop down list to select a valid account code.
- Account Codes are maintained in Bookkeeping > Nominal Maintenance.
- In the WIP Movement Debit Account field, enter or edit the account code that is debited when the WIP movement is entered. You can also use the drop down list to select a valid account code.
- When you have finished entering or editing the miscellaneous settings, click OK to save the changes and close the Miscellaneous window.