- On the main menu, click File > Maintenance > Security > Extra Field Security.
On the field Group, from the drop-down list, choose the Security Group, for example Central User or Accounts Production User.
The column Extra Field Group shows the Extra Field Groups existent on the system.
Check the box to Modify (second column) or Hide (third column) for each Extra Field Group line.
Repeat steps 1 to 4 to setup the security for each Security Group.
When you have finished click to save and close the window.
The extra fields that belong to a group that was set as hidden, are no longer displayed in the following areas:
- Extra tab from Client/Contact/Employee/Assignment/Supplier screen.
- Extra Fields tab from Add New Client/Contact/Employee/Supplier Wizard.
- Values tab from Bulk Update Wizard within Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
- Bulk Update Extra Fields dialog within Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
- CCH Reporting
The extra fields from an Extra Field Group that has the Hide option ticked for a user group in the Extra Fields Security screen are still available in the following areas:
- CCH Smart Reports
- CCH Workflow
- CCH Document Management
- Insert Merge Field from Mail Merge Wizard when editing or creating a new template on Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
- Merge Fields section from Email Templates when editing or creating a new email template on Find Clients or Find Contacts screen.
Where a user is allocated to a security group that has the Hide option ticked for any Extra Field Group, they will not be able to view the Extra Fields for that Extra Field Group.
The Extra Fields that belong to the Extra Field Group NONE are visible to all security groups.