How to add or remove Task Permissions within a security group
CCH Central comes with default permissions already set for the default security groups. You can add or remove permissions from any default group.
Click on the main menu File > Maintenance > Security > Task Permissions to add or remove permissions of a security group under a specific Product.
1. Product: from the drop-down list choose the Product connected with the permissions you want to allow or to remove from a specific security group.
2. Group: from the drop-down list choose the Security Group which you want to setup the task permissions for.
3. Search box: used to assist you to find out a specific task permission, for example, type the word 'modify' brings all task permissions which have this word.
4. Allow: check the box to allow that task permission or uncheck the box to removed it.
5. Permissions description: when the permission description has the hash symbol #, it relates to a function, it allows the user to action on the specific field located as described. For example:
#Client#Main#NI Number#Can Modify means that the user has the permission to Modify the field NI Number which sits on the Main tab within the Client's records.
6. Permissions description: when the permission description has the 'at' symbol @, it relates to access to a tab, it allows the user to access a tab. For example:
#Client@Main means that the user has the permission to access the Main tab within the Client's records.
7. Permissions description: when the permission description has words in squared brackets [ ], it relates to an option within a menu, it allows the user to access certain functionalities under a menu for example, the Task Bar or options under the Maintenance area. For example:
[Client][Mail Merge Wizard] means that the user has the permission to access and use Mail Merge Wizard which is under the task bar of Clients.
[Maintenance][Security][Tax Permissions] means that the user has the permission to access Tax Permissions which is under Security which is under Maintenance.
8. Permissions explanation column: in some permissions you find a detailed explanation of its functionality.
Toogle permissions on/off
Click on the main menu File > Maintenance > Security > Task Permissions to add or remove permissions for an entire section.
Each Product and Security Group will show different sections which lists their respective task permissions. In front of each section there are: the number of permissions allowed and the total existent permissions, on the example below: Assignment has 0 permissions allowed and 16 in total or Business Type has 6 permissions allowed and a total of 6 permissions.
You can allow or remove all permissions of a section clicking on Toogle group on and off. Highlight the session as shown below (Assignment) and click Toogle on to allow all permissions or Toogle off to remove all permissions for that section.
You can also click on Excel to export the permissions to an Excel file.