For Corporation Tax - where to enter the filing credentials
There are two areas within CCH Central where you can enter the Corporation Tax online filing credentials:
In the Employee records
- In the Employee record, under Main tab, on the Task Bart, click View credentials Online Filing.
- Enter the login details attributable to a specific employee.
File > Maintenance > Internal > Online Filing Credentials
- Enter the login details when it applies to the practice as a whole,or for a specific Company, Office or Department.
Types of credentials and priority order
The online filing credentials used to submit a corporation tax return is based on the following priority order:
Company, Office, or Department credentials
Practice or business level credentials
It is necessary to create a set of online filing credentials for your firm in order to file corporation tax returns online.
Add login details for an individual employee
- On the tool bar, click Employees.
- In the Find Employee window, in the Search for field, enter the search criteria for the employee and then click Search.
- In the list of search results, double-click or press [Enter] on the employee record you would like to work on.
- On the Task Bar, click the View credentials Online Filing icon.
- Enter the agent credentials attributable to this employee then click OK to save the information.
Add login details by organisation type
- From the main menu select File > Maintenance > Internal > Online Filing Credentials.
- Under the grid Online Filing Credentials selected by, select None.
- Enter your agent credentials at the top of the grid (blue highlights on the screen shot below). This means that these credentials will be used for all Corporation Tax returns:
4. Alternatively, select the other options under Online Filing Credentials selected by.Those options allow you to file by a specific area within your organisation:
The tab then displays the details associated with the selected option and what details will be used (red highlights on the screen shot below).
5.Click in a row where you wish to enter the Online Filing credentials for the selected option and enter:
6.Click to save the information.