A Stage is a series of related tasks grouped around the skill requirements and level of authority of the person or area assigned to complete them.
Find the Assignment.
The Assignment Details page appears.
Click the Schedule tab.
Select the schedule you want to add stages to in the drop-down list as per example below 'Preparation of tax return'.
4. STEP: type the next sequential number into the Step field.
5. STAGE: type a description into the Stage Description.
A stage description might be entered like this:
Commence Job and if it is typed as Step 1 the Predecessor is None
Preparation and the Predecessor is Commence Job (1)
Review and the Predecessor is Preparation (2)
Finalising and the Predecessor is Review (3)
6. PREDECESSOR: choose a predecessor from the Predecessor drop-down list. (This is the previous stage you entered.)
7. STATUS: displays Not started.
8. BUDGETED HOURS, CHARGE, ACTUAL HOURS, ACTUAL CHARGE columns remain blank.
9. DUE COMPLETE: display the due date of the schedule
10. MILESTONE: from the drop-down list choose the milestone associated with the assignment.
Repeat steps 4 to 10 for each stage you are creating.
9. Click OK on the Assignment Details page to save the stages.