Add an association with an existing contact
- In the Associated Contacts window, click Add to open the Associate Existing Contact window.
In the Relationships table, select the relationship that the client has with the contact in the database.
Click the ellipsis in the Contact field.
In the Find Contacts window, in the Search for field, type in the name or part of the name of the contact to search for and then click Search.
From the results list select the contact you want to associate the client with.
Enter the Start Date and End Date of the association if there is a date for it to end and then click OK.
The Find Contacts window closes. The contact is displayed in the Contact field in the Associate Existing Contact window.
Click OK. The new association is displayed in the Associated Contacts window.
On the Wizard, click Finish. The client is created and their Client page appears.
Add an association with a new contact
- In the Associated Contacts window, click Add New to open the Associate New Contact.
- From the Relationship table, select the relationship that you want to establish for the client.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date, if there is an end date for the association.
- Enter the Partner, Department, Office and Company details of the person in your practice who will be responsible for this new client.
- If the association is an organisation, select the Organisation check box. This grays out irrelevant fields on the right hand side of the Associate New Contact window.
- Enter identifying information about the new client in the fields on the right hand side of the Associate New Contact window.
- Click OK. The new association is listed in the Associated Contact window.
- Click Next.
- On the Wizard, click Finish. The client is created and the Client page is displayed.
Note: When you use the Add New button to create an association, the new contact is added to the system as a contact. You can then click their name in the Associated tab, or search for them and fill in the details in their Contact page as you would with any other contact. You can then convert the new contact into a client if required.