The accounts pages are listed in the centre of the screen.
- The Print column indicates whether the page will print, which depends on the Print Condition. In addition a page can be forced to be included or excluded using the options on the context (right-click) menu shown above. This is also indicated in the Print column with a blue tick or cross, respectively.
- The Local column indicates that the page has been made local. In the above screenshot, none of the pages have been localised.
The options on the Actions menu are as follows:
- Preview/Print displays the accounts. When displayed, the left-most button, circled below, prints them.
- Print to Pdf/Docx allows the user to save the accounts in Adobe PDF or Word format. Saving to Word works much better than in VAP.
- Show/hide preview removes the accounts preview panel from the right of the screen.
- Add Collection is used to create a new collection. The Collection is only available for the selected client.
- Add Format allows an accounts page to be copied from a different collection for the current client, or from another client. If the page is added from another client, then it is duplicated so that a change in the source client does not affect the destination client. If the page is added from another collection of the same client, then it is just linked into the destination collection and the page always displays the same results in either collection.
- Browse to Format allows an existing accounts page to be loaded from disk. This can be used to convert an individual VAP accounts page.
- Click Browse to Format
- Click … next to Filename to browse.
- Change the file type from “Format files (*.cchx)” to “All files (*.*)”
- Select the VAP accounts page.
- The accounts page is converted and loaded into AP.
This method works well but cannot convert page references from numeric form, e.g. =AP(“PageRange,4,0”) to named form, e.g. =AP(“PageRange,page4acc,0”). So this change needs to be performed manually after converting the page.
- Copy Format duplicates a page in the current collection and makes the copy local.
- Reset Collection adds back any accounts pages that have been removed from the Collection.
- Revert to Default returns the collection to its master state, removing local pages, resetting the Print column of any pages that have been included or excluded, and adding back any pages that have been removed. Obviously this is more drastic than Reset Collection.
Right-clicking an accounts page displays the context menu.
- Add means Add Format and is the same option as on the Actions menu.
- Browse to Format is also the same as the option on the Actions menu.
- Remove removes the page from the list of accounts pages for this client.
- Open opens the accounts page for editing, but it is more common to double-click it.
- Save To File saves the selected accounts page to disk. If this option does not appear, check that the configuration key AccountsShowSaveFormat is present as explained in Configuration keys. Once an accounts page has been saved, it can be loaded into a different client using Browse to Format.
- Include in Print, Exclude from Print and Revert to Print Condition are related. Include in Print forces a page to print even if its print condition is not satisfied. Exclude from Print prevents a page from printing. Revert to Print Condition returns the page to being printed if the print condition is satisfied.
- Revert and Make Local are related. Make Local makes a page local, i.e. the page is copied to the current client where it can be edited. Revert replaces the local page with the master copy. The local page is not actually deleted and the user is given the option to reuse it if Make Local is selected again.
- Export format data to Excel exports an accounts page to Excel. It has a minor limitation that it does not show the page headers in the correct font.
- Show Field Chooser allows the user to select which columns are displayed.
To open a page, double click the page. Once open, it can be edited after switching on Draft mode on the Ribbon.
To change the order of the pages, click Change Sequence in the Ribbon, to enable moving pages, and then drag the pages to the required position.