This section provides all the resources and information you need to get started with Making Tax Digital.
- Before you begin you must register with HMRC for Making Tax Digital. Please follow this Step by Step guide to MTD Sign up which includes:
• Creating the agent services account (ASA)
• Linking existing agent/client relationships
• Authorising Wolters Kluwer Software for (MTD)
• Signing businesses up to Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Making Tax Digital for VAT is part of the Making Tax Digital Toolset which is an integral part of CCH OneClick.
In order to login to access Making Tax Digital you must have an activated CCH OneClick account. Please contact your administrator for your CCH OneClick credentials. Click here for more details
To get started follow the Clickthru within the product or read the following Quick Start guides.
- Filing VAT returns through CCH OneClick, refer to quick start guide Making Tax Digital for VAT
- For CCH Practice Management users who use the internal Booking functionality, refer to quick start guide Making Tax Digital for VAT - CCH Practice Management
Other useful guides:
- Exporting VAT return data into MS Excel from Bookkeeping solutions
- Making Tax Digital for Income Tax
- Send to Tax functionality within the Digital Tax Account (DTA)
- VAT Workflow
For your clients:
- Filing VAT returns through CCH OneClick - Making Tax Digital for VAT Quick start guide
- We've included a flyer (.docx) for you to send to your clients before activation showcasing CCH OneClick and illustrating the benefits to them of collaborating with you in this way. Simply enter your contact details and logo then save as a PDF before sending. (If the flyer opens in protected mode, please select View > Document.
- We've also included two short videos that you can send to your clients or add to your own website:
1) CCH OneClick: A Making Tax Digital filing solution for your clients
Follow this video path 'Making Tax Digital for VAT'