From April 2019, HMRC have removed the ability for practices and their clients to enter the nine box information using the online service for those over the VAT threshold. However, the nine box information remains the same as today, HMRC will not be changing this.
Our priority is to support Advisors, and their Clients, by delivering a VAT filing solution that allows you and your clients to maintain your current VAT processes as closely as possible. We know that Advisors and their clients have significant legacy calculations and formulas within spreadsheets today that make the recurring task of completing a VAT return for specific clients more efficient. Therefore, we have developed an end-to-end VAT filing solution which encompasses the different scenarios that advisors and their clients may have.
From April 2019 your clients can file their own VAT returns using the client workspace within CCH OneClick.
We've created a quick start guide and video for your clients that explains how to authorise CCH OneClick with HMRC and shows how to upload and file a VAT return.
We've also included a flyer (in Microsoft Word .docx format) for you to send to your clients before activation showcasing CCH OneClick and illustrating the benefits to them of collaborating with you in this way. Simply enter your contact details and logo then save as a PDF before sending. (If the flyer opens in protected mode, please select View > Document.
Why should I be interested? (Advisors)
- Spreadsheets - can be used to keep digital records but also to manage complex calculations and adjustments and they continue to be a key function within the VAT process. Continue using these spreadsheets and submit to HMRC via CCH OneClick.
- Digital Links - Data is digitally transferred from your current spreadsheets to CCH OneClick and then onto HMRC without the involvement or need for manual transcription i.e. copying over of information by hand.
- Dashboards - easily understand, view clients for when VAT Returns are due, view clients that submit their own VAT Returns and view data from past submissions.
- Digital VAT Account - Easily understand your clients' VAT liabilities and when payments are due.
- 3rd Party VAT Submissions - information will be populated irrespective of the solution your clients are using to submit VAT returns.
- Multiple Agent Services Accounts - allow practices to work with all their Agent Services Accounts within a single CCH OneClick environment
Why should your clients be interested?
- Spreadsheets - used to keep digital records and then directly submit the required VAT information digitally to HMRC. Spreadsheets continue to be a key function of the VAT process.
- Digital Links - transfer or exchange of data is made, or can be made, electronically between software programs, products or applications without the involvement or need for manual transcription i.e. copying over of information by hand.
- Digital VAT Account - Easily understand VAT liabilities and, when payments are due.