Circumstances can arise where an employee, set up to authorise a bill or timesheet, may not be available to so. To allow the bill or timesheet to proceed, you need to set up another employee to authorise on their behalf.
The authority is usually setup when you complete Step 8 of the Add New Employee Wizard. However, you can set up and modify employee authorities outside the wizard by using the Employee Details page: Authorisation tab.
- Find the employee's record
- On the Employees Details page, click the Authorisation tab.
- In Authorisation Type, select Billing
- In View Type, select Authorised by.
- The panel headings change.
- In the 'Is Authorised On Behalf Of' panel, find the employee who this employee will authorise bills on behalf of.
- Repeat the previous step for each employee as required.
- Repeat the above steps for timesheets, expenses and disbursements as appropraiate.
- Click OK.
Employee Details page: Authorisation tab
How to set up an employee to authorise bills and timesheets
© Wolters Kluwer (UK) Limited (trading as CCH Software). All rights reserved.