View and group WIP items displayed
In the Bill Amounts window, you can view the WIP for a client in various ways:
- Double-click items to drill down through the information to get more detailed WIP items
- Choose how the WIP items are listed in the page by dragging one or more of the available column headings into the grey Group area on the page. This will group the WIP by the headings you have selected. For example, you may want to view the client's WIP by employee rather than have all the client's WIP items listed individually on the page. The headings available to group by are displayed under the toolbar.
- The default grouping is by assignment. This means that you will see a list of all the client's assignments with billable WIP against them, and the total WIP for each listed assignment. You can choose to group by one or more of the other options available: Client, Code Type, Employee, Code or Schedule. Use the mouse to drag the required group heading to the Group area on the page and the WIP items will be reset to reflect your chosen option.
You can add another group heading either before or after those already selected to further group the items. What you select here determines how the WIP lines are displayed when you double–click a WIP line to drill down into the items. For example, if you choose to group by assignment, then by employee, each client assignment will de displayed as one WIP line, with all WIP items recorded against it totalled against the assignment. If you then double–click an assignment heading, you will drill down into the WIP for that assignment based on the employees who recorded it, as this is your second group choice. If you had selected a third group heading you would double–click an employee and the WIP would be further broken down by your third choice, such as code.
Change the order
The current drill-down level is shown by red text on the group header. A triangle on the group headers shows you whether the list is sorted in ascending or descending order by that group. Click the heading to toggle between the order.
To view all billable WIP items, remove all the grouping options from the Group area.
- To sort the list, click the column heading that you want to sort by to rearrange the listed items according to that heading.
- To remove a sort order and return the list to the default setting press the [Ctrl] key and click the window.
Example: Client's WIP items displayed (no grouping has been applied)
Example: Client's WIP grouped by Assignment
Example: Client's WIP grouped by Assignment, Employee
Example: Client WIP grouped by Assignment, Employee, then Code Type